Frequently Asked Questions
Browse F.A.Q. Topics
- 1. General Questions4
- 2. Lease Approval Process3
- 3. Infinite Upgrades® Program3
- 4. Buy Out Option1
- 5. Billing Questions4
- 6. Questions related to Your Account4
- 7. Defective Card / RMA Process1
- 8. Referral Rewards and Affiliate Program2
1. General Questions
Do I have to go the full 12 months of the lease, or can I cancel early and send the card back?You may cancel your lease early, but there is an early cancellation fee equal to two (2) months' payments. The early cancellation fee must be paid first before your cancellation request is approved. For example, if you lease a card with a monthly rate of $44.99 and you decide to cancel, then you would pay an early cancellation fee of $89.98 ($44.99 x 2) and ship the card back using a prepaid shipping label provided by us. Once we receive the card back to our offices, your lease would be officially terminated at that time, you would owe no future payments, and your account with us would be zeroed out. The exception to this is if you are cancelling your lease within the first 14 days. In this case, we would refund you the first payment you've made - minus a $20.00 restocking fee - after we have received the graphics card back from you. We would also provide a prepaid shipping label for you to return the graphics card, and your lease would be officially terminated and refund sent upon receipt. If you are cancelling your lease within the first 14 days after an upgrade, then there are two scenarios:
- payment has been paid in the first 14 days after the upgrade - We will refund your payment minus a $20.00 restocking fee.
- A monthly payment has not been paid in the first 14 days after the upgrade - We will assess your account a $20.00 restocking fee.
Do we ship to countries outside the U.S.?Unfortunately, we only ship to the 50 United States. Eventually we hope to grow into an international company, but for now we are sticking to the U.S.
Are the graphics cards new or used?Our graphics cards are either new or "previously enjoyed" (used). "Previously enjoyed" cards are comprehensively cleaned and tested in our testing lab to ensure they perform up to or exceed the manufacturer's standards before being distributed to new customers. You may always inquire whether a product listed is new or "previously enjoyed" by sending us an email at [email protected] or calling us during our normal business hours of Monday-Friday 9am-5pm CST at (512) 481-2134.
Why do I need to verify my identity in order to use your service?We require that you verify your identity by providing a scan or photo of your ID, such as a valid driver's license or military identification card, before approving your order. We do this to verify that you are 18 years of age or older and to combat identity fraud. This for our protection as well as that of our members. We appreciate your understanding.
2. Lease Approval Process
My address on my ID is not up to date. Will it still work?Yes, it will work for approving your lease as long as your current address is still in the same state as your ID. We understand that people move and that your ID may not be up to date. However, we do not accept expired identification cards, expired driver licenses nor IDs that are from a state different from your physical address. For students enrolled in a college out of state or military personnel stationed out of state, we also require a scan or photo of your student identification card or military ID to confirm your identity.
I used a PayPal credit card as a form of payment. Why was my lease not approved?Certain PayPal cards only draw funds from a PayPal account, and therefore it acts more like a reloadable account. As such, these PayPal cards are considered pre-paid , and we do not accept pre-paid debit cards. If you are unsure, feel free to contact us and we can fill you in on which cards are pre-paid and which ones are not.
What is the process to start a lease?There are three steps to our lease approval process:
- Order a graphics card online and make your first month's payment using a standard credit / debit card. We cannot process new customer orders over the phone, and we do not accept pre-paid / reloadable debit cards.
- Once we confirm that your payment card is not a pre-paid debit card, we will send you an email requesting a scan or photo of your ID. We do this for two reasons:
- To verify that you are 18 years of age or older.
- To combat identity fraud.
- Once we receive your ID and your identity is verified, we will call you at the phone number on your account to confirm your order and shipping address.
3. Infinite Upgrades® Program
I want to upgrade my current card and add a second card to my account. How do I do this?
- Go to the 'Graphics Cards' page at https://cuttingedgegamer.com/products/
- Click on 'LEASE IT NOW'.
- Continue with the normal checkout process.
- Now you will upgrade your existing card. Click on 'My Account'.
- Click on the card you want to upgrade from under 'Your Active Products'.
- Click 'Upgrade or Downgrade' under 'Actions'.
- Select the card you'd like to upgrade to.
- Next page shows your shopping cart - it should show the upgrade along with the second card you are adding. Click 'Click To Continue >>'.
- At the 'PAY BY CREDIT CARD' page, enter your payment details and hit 'SUBMIT PAYMENT'. Note that your credit card will be charged the amount noted by "Balance Due".
I want to downgrade from two graphics cards to one. How do I do this?In this case, a Cutting Edge Gamer Customer Service member will need to adjust your account down to one card prior to processing the upgrade (we will note on your account that you are returning two cards - this will also be reflected in our Infinite Upgrades® shipment notification email to you). We will also apply a proper credit on your account, if necessary, such that you are credited the appropriate refund or assessed the appropriate additional charge for the 2-to-1 upgrade. Please send us an email to [email protected] or call us during our normal business hours of Monday-Friday 9am-5pm CST so that we may adjust your account accordingly.
How does the Infinite Upgrades® process work?Our Infinite Upgrades® Program allows you to upgrade to the next latest and greatest graphics card for free, at any time. No hidden fees. Payments made on the old card do not transfer to the upgrade card (there may be some proration if the upgrade is processed mid-billing cycle). We even send you shipping materials and a prepaid postage label so you may return the old card to us at no cost to you. You select your upgrade, sign a new 12-month contract, and then we send you the upgrade card first and allow fourteen (14) days for you to have the old card in-transit back to CEG. Step-by-Step:
- Log into your CEG account and go to the 'My Account' page at: https://cuttingedgegamer.com/shop/clientarea.php
- Click on the card you'd like to upgrade from under 'Your Active Products'.
- Click on 'Upgrade or Downgrade' under 'Actions', and select the card you like to upgrade to. By upgrading, you are agreeing to a new 12-month term.
- Hit 'Click to Continue>>' on the shopping cart page and confirm your address details on the next page.
- Confirm your existing credit/debit card information or add your new credit/debit card information on the 'Pay by Credit Card' page. Note: If you are processing an upgrade to a higher monthly rate, your credit/debit card may be charged a prorated additional amount noted by 'Balance Due'. If you are making a downgrade, your credit/debit card will not be charged - a prorated credit may be added to your account if applicable (applied on your next payment).
- Hit 'SUMBIT PAYMENT' when ready and you are done!
4. Buy Out Option
I would like to use the Buy Out Option at the end of my lease. How do I do this?The Buy Out Option, which is equal to one month's payment, is available at the end of the 12-month lease term to purchase the graphics card outright. So 13 payments = card purchase! If we do not hear from you by the end of your lease term, then we will assume that you wish to choose the Buy Out Option and purchase the card. Once we receive your final Buy Out Option payment, we will send you your final account summary and no more payments will be made on your account.
5. Billing Questions
I have a past due payment that I would like to pay. How do I pay it through my online account?You may pay all of your past due payment(s) by logging into your Cutting Edge Gamer account and following these steps:
- In the 'Overdue Transactions' box, click on 'Pay Now'.
- At the bottom under "Select Mass Payment Gateway", click on 'Make Payment'.
- Enter your payment card information and click 'Submit Payment'. You are done!
- Log into your CEG account at https://cuttingedgegamer.com/shop/clientarea.php
- In the 'Overdue Transactions' box, click on 'Pay Now'.
- Under 'Status' on the left hand side, click on 'Unpaid'.
- Find the most recent unpaid invoice at the bottom of the list, and click on that invoice line.
- The invoice should now appear on your screen. Click on 'Pay Now' in the upper right hand corner and follow the directions to remit payment.
I received a new credit / debit card. How do I update my payment card information?Please update your payment card information as follows:
- Log into your CEG account https://cuttingedgegamer.com/shop/clientarea.php.
- Click 'Edit Account'. Under 'Billing Information' you may enter new card information.
- Click 'Save Changes'.
What forms of payment do you accept?We accept VISA, Mastercard, Discover and American Express credit/debit cards. We do NOT accept prepaid / reloadable debit or international credit/debit cards. Once you submit your payment information, our payment processing system will verify the form of payment. Prepaid / reloadable debit cards will be rejected automatically. Please note that certain PayPal cards are considered prepaid debit cards. These will be rejected as well.
How can I change my monthly billing date?If you would like to change your billing date, you may do so by emailing us at [email protected] or calling us during our normal business hours of Monday-Friday 9am-5pm CST at (512) 481-2134. Please give us at least 48 hours notice prior to the old billing date so that we may make the changes in our system.
6. Questions related to Your Account
How do I change my Cutting Edge Gamer account login email address?
- Log into the 'My Account' page at https://cuttingedgegamer.com/shop/clientarea.php.
- Click 'Edit Account'. Under 'My Details' you can enter your new CEG login email address.
- Hit 'Save Changes' and you are done!
I have recently moved. How do I update my address and contact information?
- Log into your CEG account at https://cuttingedgegamer.com/shop/clientarea.php.
- Click on 'Edit Account'. Under 'My Details' you can enter your new billing/shipping address and phone number.
- Hit 'Save Changes' at the bottom and you are done!
I got locked out of my account. How can I unlock it?If your account becomes locked, please send us an email at [email protected] and we can help you resolve the situation.
I forgot my account password. How can I reset it?If you have forgotten your password, you may have your password sent to your CEG account email address as follows:
- Go to the CEG account login page at http://www.cuttingedgegamer.com/shop/clientarea.php
- Click on 'Forgot Password?'.
- Enter your CEG account email address and hit 'SUBMIT'.
- Your password will be sent to your CEG account email address.
7. Defective Card / RMA Process
My graphics card has become defective. How do I RMA the card?One of the great things about Cutting Edge Gamer is our Return Merchandize Authorization ("RMA") process. Tired of waiting from 2 weeks to 2 months to get your replacement graphics card back from the manufacturer? Tired of paying for the shipping cost to RMA a defective card? Well, look no further as we cover all of this for you with our service! Simply contact us about the defective card, and we will send you a replacement or loaner card out to you immediately - and include prepaid postage to ship the defective card back to us at no cost to you.
8. Referral Rewards and Affiliate Program
How does the Affiliate Program work?If you would like to partner up with us in getting more shouts outs about our great leasing program here at Cutting Edge Gamer, the Affiliate Program might be for you. Current customers and non-customers are welcome to join. We want to thank you for all new, unique visitors that you may send to our website. Details on the Cutting Edge Gamer Affiliate Program:
- After contacting us regarding our Affiliate Program, we will create a unique affiliate URL for you to use, so that we may track the number of visitors you send to our site.
- For every 100 new, unique visitors that you send to us via your affiliate URL, we will credit your account $5 (basically a 'Referral Reward'). If you are not a current customer, then we will send your rewards via a PayPal account or check.
- We check the number of visitors you send to us on a monthly basis. We will send you your affiliate account update by email and let you know how many Referral Rewards were credited to your account.
- There is no limit on the amount of credits; however, if we see any indications of fraudulent activity, we will discuss the matter with you and take actions such as 1) not crediting your account and / or 2) ending the program with you entirely.
How does the Referral Rewards Program work?You are automatically enrolled in our Referral Rewards Program when you sign up for our leasing service. Details for the Referral Rewards Program will be included in your order confirmation e-mail. You may also receive details by sending your inquiry via e-mail to Cutting Edge Gamer Customer Service at [email protected] If your account is not up to date on payments, then you will not receive your reward(s) until it is current. In order to redeem the reward after signing up for a subscription, the referred customer must send the referrer's e-mail address or customer ID number on his/her Cutting Edge Gamer account to [email protected]. This must be done within the first 14 days after signing up for a subscription. If it is not done within 14 days, the Referral Reward is forfeited for both the referred customer and the referrer. Once confirmed, a referral reward will be credited towards the next billing period for both the referred customer and the referrer. Just our way of saying thank you here at Cutting Edge Gamer! You are no longer enrolled in the Referral Rewards Program once your subscription is terminated.